27 November 2008

request for energy

I was runover by a semi-truck yesterday. Yes, an 18-wheeler. I was merging onto Hwy 1 and the trucker sped up to cut me off because apparently he didn't want me getting in ahead of him. I guess the entire concept of "merge" was lost on him, maybe he thought I had a "yield" sign, I don't know. At any rate, he parked his truck ontop of my back corner and ICBC decided my car is a complete writeoff.

What upset me the most out of the whole thing, was that 'writeoff' means they'll give me $1400 and send me on my way to buy a new/replacement car. Meanwhile, I had just spent $7,000 in the past 18 months fixing up the car to the point that I will definitely get another 10 - 15 years out of it.

Right now I am completely broke, unemployed, and my partner is going into debt trying to keep us from sleeping in cardboard boxes in the downtown eastside. His car broke down 2 days ago and we had no choice but to buy a replacement for it (ironically, the exact make and model and year of my car!), which we are scrambling now trying to figure out how we are going to make payments on it when we're already scrambling to pay rent and groceries. Now my car also requires replacing. We don't have the money to replace 1 car right now, let alone both.

So I'm putting a request out to my coven (because that's what we do in communities and tribes when we need help) for some well-wishes and thoughts and energy. Anything anyone wants to send in the "prosperity" category would really go a long way right now. Plus, I would really like this headache to go away; it's been non-stop for the past 27 hours (since the accident, actually).

My dad seems to think he can find a friend or someone who will repair the damage to my car for less than what ICBC is offering to write it off, which would be ideal since the car is ridiculously well-maintained and driveable for the next decade. Really, it just needs the dent hammered out, the bumper and tail-light replaced, and the scraped-off paint patched up. I would really like this particular plan to go ahead successfully. So I am putting my energy into "encouraging" that to happen. Anyone who wants to chip in their visulalizing is welcome to. It's a 1994 Toyota Tercel, 2-door, white.

Somewhat related: This morning I woke up and my "I am" statement came rushing unbidden from my lips, as if it was communicated to me through my sub/unconscious during a dreamwalk I don't remember embarking on. I said it out loud a few times today and I felt STRONG.

"I am the Phoenix that rises from the purifying flames of my own destruction; in the white-hot heat of the crucible I am forged anew."

Angela

EDIT (28 Nov 2008): The car is definitely a writeoff and it's not worth repairing. So now I'm looking at buying a replacement vehicle with the $1400 - $1700 ICBC will give me. There seem to be a wicked large number of 1990s Tercels in the used car ads for my price range, so I should be okay after all... it's just a matter of going to look at and test drive all of them.

1 comment:

  1. 8 COMMENTS:


    Lyn (Skatha) said...

    Damn, Angela, so very sorry to hear of your accident. I'm just grateful it was your car that got crunched and not YOU!

    Draw any energy you need from me from the Dun. In the meanwhile, seeing you and yours enjoying prosperity (whatever this looks like for you), the picture of a perfectly restored vehicle and reiki for the headaches.

    Hugs,
    Skatha

    November 27, 2008 9:09 PM


    Aurora said...

    Angela,

    I echo Skatha's sentiments. I completely appreciate your financial crises, however I am relieved you are not a "write off" like your vehicle!

    I will send healing energy...

    Love your "I am" statement...

    With blessings,
    Aurora

    November 27, 2008 10:21 PM


    Mel T said...

    Angela, sending you positive energy for prosperity and good health.

    Warmest blessings,
    Mel

    November 28, 2008 9:05 AM


    Mel T said...

    Hello again Angela ,

    Sorry I don’t have your email address. I drew the power from the Phoenix the bird of fire and rejuvenation you mentioned. The power drew me to the energies of the ‘winged’. The DH Lawrence poem came to mind.

    Self-pity


    I never saw a wild thing
    sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself

    I often draw on the power of the bird when I feel crappy about a situation. This poem always reminds me of that 1997 movie: GI Jane (I have the movie!) – a modern day fictional warrior woman……. In my mind the words are very powerful, so too is bird energy.

    Warmest blessings

    Mel

    November 28, 2008 10:08 AM


    Lyn (Skatha) said...

    Mel,

    Thanks for sharing this poem. Nice to have you on board.

    Skatha

    November 28, 2008 5:33 PM


    Kerr Cuhulain said...

    Dear Angela:

    I'm just relieved to hear that you weren't hurt. Take whatever energy you need: I'm working today but I'm making multiple trips to the Dun so connect whenever you need to.

    That is an awesome "I am".

    BB
    Kerr

    November 29, 2008 5:09 PM


    Charlene ( Sorayah) said...

    Angela... I am so happy to hear that you came out of that okay!!!

    I am SO sorry to hear what happened though! You must have been terrified. I have lit a candle for you tonight and I am sending you much needed positive energy, well wishes and prosperity!

    BB

    Sorayah

    December 1, 2008 6:10 PM


    Angela said...

    thank you everyone

    everything has been resolved now (headache gone, car written off, money in my hand, new vehicle in place)

    December 2, 2008 5:52 PM

    ReplyDelete