I have a friend who is in dire straits at the moment.
She has nowhere to live, no money, and the couch she's been surfing on is giving her the boot any day now. She is also pregnant.
She is terrified of going to a shelter (and even if she did, they don't allow her cat, and apparently they're all full anyway).
She is desperately looking for crash space for her, her boyfriend, and 1 cat asap. She can contribute via domestic chores.
I don't know how long she would need this crash space.
If anyone can help her, please let me know.
Even better, if anyone knows of any programs or assistance that could help in this situation, please shout out. I have no idea where to send her for help.
15 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 COMMENTS:
ReplyDeleteKerr Cuhulain said...
Dear Angela:
How old is she? Has she spoken to a Ministry resourse worker?
BB Kerr
May 16, 2009 5:57 AM
Angela ~ Askani ~ said...
I think she's 30 by now
I've asked her about it, and I referred all the advice others posted on my FB wall so she can seek some help from the various assistance programs.
It's up to her now.
I just really appreciate all the advice on where to go for help. It's a starting point.
May 16, 2009 1:41 PM
Angela ~ Askani ~ said...
A friend on my Facebook stepped forward and offered her crash space for a month.
In the meantime, I really hope she pursues the many suggestions for social programs and assistance that were provided.
Thanks everyone for contributing advice and links and info.
May 17, 2009 9:27 AM