16 November 2009

books! omg books!

I don't know which to squee over more: books or shoes!

Thanks for the double-armload of books last night. My poor bookcases are going to bow under the weight, at the rate I'm going! But my brain is going "wheeee.... more stuffs to learn!"

Looking through some of the small vanity-press newsletter/periodicals, I found a yellow post-it sticky saying "This is my stuff; I want credit for it!" signed by Amber K. Kerr confirmed it was her handwriting all right. That was neat to find. Could you imagine this making its way to a public library and someone signing it out to find this sticky? Cool.

And as much as I don't condone book-burning (unless it's tax law from 50 years ago, and it's the Day After Tomorrow and you need a fire), there were a couple gems in there I thought would serve better as kindling than reading material. But hey, if it weren't for some of those not-so-great books paving the way for the improved upgrades, we may not see the better books being published today.

Last week I started to reorganize my bookcases to accommodate a half-dozen new books I had bought recently that didn't yet have homes... and now I have to do it all over again to make room for these new additions.

Could you imagine if my allergies/asthma didn't prevent me from taking in cats as fast as I take in books and shoes?? yikes!

1 comment:

  1. 9 COMMENTS:


    Kerr Cuhulain said...

    For the rest of you on line people, the reason that Askani is so excited is that I turned all of our Surrey Motherhouse members loose on four boxes of classic Wiccan books that had been donated by my friend Maggie. Everyone left carrying piles of books.

    BB Kerr

    November 16, 2009 3:01 PM


    Caroline said...

    Books books books books!!!!! WOOHOOOOOO! I know I've lent books out to our members, and I have one that I've borrowed (I'm making notes, Geri!). Is it possible to get a listing of lendable books? My copy of "When, Why, If" is with Geri right now and I'm more than happy to lend it to the next person who wants it. I want it back after that, though, for a re-read!!!!

    November 16, 2009 5:23 PM


    Lady Janus said...

    One of the books I picked out turns out to be a review copy, with extensive notes in the margins. And some pretty scathing criticisms. The reviewer did NOT like the book. Not. At. All. Makes for some very entertaining reading.

    Um...that was Maiden, Mother, Crone by DJ Conway.

    November 16, 2009 6:54 PM


    Wildevine (Janet) said...

    Well, Janus...that explains it. :)

    November 16, 2009 10:26 PM


    Lady Janus said...

    Apparently. 8^D

    November 17, 2009 8:48 AM


    Angela ~ Askani ~ said...

    I think a Scathach Lending Library would be a great idea; we all seem to enjoy sharing new information and educating eachother.

    Is there a way to post a database on this blog (or on the Training Blog) of what books we each have to lend, and who is currently borrowing same?

    If it's do-able, and Janus or Kerr can show me how to use the feature on Blogger, I can take on this project.

    November 17, 2009 10:26 AM


    Ardjet said...

    That would be a great idea. I remember talking with someone briefly, I don't remember who precisely, about making a list of books we have so others can peruse/borrow them.

    And I know what you mean, Angela. The books I recieved are sitting on my entertainment unit until I can make room for them on my bookshelves.

    November 17, 2009 3:16 PM


    Lady Janus said...

    I need more bookshelves.

    Hell, I need more walls for more bookshelves!

    And a Scathach lending library sounds like a wonderful idea!

    November 17, 2009 6:44 PM


    Geri said...

    "more walls for bookshelves". Janus, that sounds rather a lot like the conversation Hubby and I were having the other day. We unfortunately were disappointed to conclude we're fresh out :P

    I'm planning a handmade card for our benefactor, for all of us (or such as are present) to sign at the Conclave

    November 18, 2009 11:30 PM

    ReplyDelete